SCARBOROUGH , YORK AND DURHAM REGIONS - COMBINED
SUB JUNIORS , GR 5,6
FIRST PRIZE : ROHAN BATCHU, Gr 6 , Box wood PS, Markham
SECOND PRIZE : NICHOLAS HAMZEA, Gr 6, St Justin Martys CES , Toronto
THIRD PLACE : ESMAIL MAMDANI , Gr6 , Inglewood heights ES , Toronto
JUNIOR , GR 7,8
FIRST PRIZE: STEVEN CHOW , Gr8, Macklin PS, Scarborough
SECOND PRIZE : shared by CYNTHIYA GNANASEELAM, St Justin Martyr CS AND KARTHGEYA KALANIDHI, Alexander Muir PS
THIRD PRIZE: Zexi Ly, Henry Kelsey PS, Scarborough
SENIOR , 9,10
FIRST PRIZE: Shared by RICHARD CHOW , Alber Campbell CI, and JOSEPH DIAO, UNION VILLE High School
SECOND PRIZE: NING KANG ,Gr 10 , Milliken Mills High School , Markham
THIRD PRIZE: MANSI PATEL ,Gr9, Middlefield CI, Markham
CONGRATULATIONS !!!! TO THE WINNERS OF PEEL REGION MATHELITICS COMPETITION ON JUN 07 , AT BRAMPTON
The following are the prize winners junior category gr 7,8
FIRST PRIZE : CHARITH KONGARA , GR 7, W.G.DAVIS SENIOR PS , BRAMPTON
SECOND PRIZE : JAHNAVI GUPTA, GR 7, GORDON GRAYON PS, BRAMPTON
THIRD PRIZE : JOEL POLAKKATTIL ,GR 8, BISHOP FRANCIS ALLEN, BRAMPTON
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE PRIZE WINNERS FOR SUB JUNIOR CATEGORY
FIRST PRIZE WINNER - SYDNEY JOSEPH, GR 6, LESTER B. PEARSON CS, BRAMPTON
SECOND PRIZE : ANSHUL KESWANI, GR 7, MEADOWALE PS, MISSISSAUGA
THIRD PRIZE: VAHAN SARGSYAN, GR 5, ST BASIL CATHOLIC SCHOOL, BRAMPTON
Sub Jr. 5,6 JR-CATEGORY : GR 7,8 SR-CATEGORY : GR 9,10
Senior: First Prize: $150 , Second Prize $100 , Third prize $50
Junior : First Prize: $ 100 , Second Prize : $75; Third prize ; $50
Sub Junior : First Prize: $75, Second Prize: $50; Third Prize: $25
Many complimentary prizes and Every participant will get certificate
If sufficient registrations wont come, the organizing committee has right to cancel or postpone the competition
Wishing you all the best
ELIGIBILITY, RULES & METHODOLOGY
- Only those children in grades 5-10 are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The participants must be residents of either PEEL, SCARBOROUGH , YORK or DURHAM regions.
- No participant is allowed to represent two regions.
- Contestants in the sub junior category will be tested for their knowledge in grades 5 & 6 mathematics as per Ontario curriculum and be currently enrolled in grade 5 or 6.
- Contestants in the junior category will be tested for their knowledge in grades 7 & 8 mathematics as per Ontario curriculum and be enrolled in grades 7 & 8.
- Contestants in the junior category will be tested for their knowledge in grades 9 & 10 mathematics as per Ontario curriculum and be enrolled in grades 9 & 10.
- Contestants must bring their own calculators for the competition.
- The organizers are not responsible for any lost items during the competition, and it is the responsibility of the parents and contestants to take care of their belongings.
- In case of a tie between the contestants, they will be provided with 3 extra questions to be answered in 10 minutes, and will be adjudged based on the number of correct answers in the given time.
- In case of dispute or controversy, the decision of the Director will be final.
- Parents are not allowed to stay with their children at the time of the competition.
- Parents are welcome later during the refreshments and prize ceremony.
NOTE: The organizing committee has the right to cancel any one or more the categories in the competition if there is not enough enrollment under that category for that region. The contestants will be informed in advance, and the registration fee will be refunded.